Creating optin forms with Optin Cat is quick and easy. You’ll be able to create highly customized, beautiful, optin forms in just minutes. We’ve even created this Quick Start Guide to help get you started.
Before you begin:
This article is helpful for free and premium users. It does, however, reference some premium only features. Head here for details, or to purchase.
Also free users will not need to choose a provider, as the free plugins are provider specific. Not all providers listed here are available with the free versions.
Once installed Optin Cat will be added to your WordPress Dashboard in your sidebar. Go there to begin.
Optin Cat Quick Start Guide:
1. Under Optin Cat, click the option for Add New to begin creating your first form. This will take you to the layout selector.
2. Choose to whether you want to use a popup, postbox, widget, or two step optin, style of optin form. Here are some examples to help you decide:
* 2 Step Optins create buttons that activate popups on demand.
3. You may now begin customizing your form. While using the options on the right, you can see your changes take effect on the left.
You can customize all content and colors. You can even change the widths of, or hide, certain elements.
4. Once your form looks good, it’s time to integrate with your email marketing provider. Choose your provider from the dropdown. Then link to your account, and choose your lists and setup options.
We offer direct integration with the following major email marketing providers:
- Active Campaign
- Campaign Monitor
- Mad Mimi
Head here for detailed instructions on integration
Don’t see your provider listed? We also integrate with Zapier. Check with them to see if they support your provider.
5. Choose whether you want to setup a redirect to a thank you page on your site, or elsewhere, or use the AJAX thank you feature:
6. Then Save your form when it’s complete.
7. Now your form is ready to be deployed. Publication varies depending on what type of form you use.
- For Pop-Ups, Optin Bars, and Slide-Ins choose where it will appear and customize your rules in the publication section. (Click here for more details)
- Or, for Pop-Ups only, choose 2 Step Optin to deploy a shortcode button, that will activate your popup, anywhere (Click here for more details).
- For postboxes use the shortcode to place them anywhere you like, or automatically append it to the bottom of selected posts/pages (Click here for more details).
- For widgets, got to your WordPress widgets area, to add them to your sidebar (Click here for more details).
That’s all there is to creating your first optin form with Optin Cat.
If you still need assistance with this, or anything else regarding our plugins please feel free contact our support at fatcatapps.com/support/.