This is a quick start guide for “Landing Page Cat Premium”, and will link to more detailed resources
Before you begin:
This guide is useful for free and premium users. It does however reference many premium only features. Head here if interested in purchasing
1. Once installed and activated, Landing Page Cat will appear in your WordPress Dashboard, under “Landing Pages”. To create your first Landing Page, click “Add New”.
2. Create a title for your new Landing Page.
3. Select the type of Landing Page you want to create. You must choose your deployment behavior, and call to action.
Your Deployment Behavior Options Are:
Replace my homepage – Used to overwrite your homepage. This is a great way to quickly create a simple, effective, homepage.
Publish on a specific URL – This option will deploy the Landing Page anywhere on your site. It can be an existing URL or a new one.
Replace my 404 pages – This option makes custom 404 pages easy. It will replace all your “Page not Found” pages.
Welcome Gate – This option will display your landing page to all visitors, or only visitors coming to your site from specific websites. It can be made to always appear or only appear to viewers once. Learn more here.
Disable – Have a Landing Page you’ve created that you no longer need? If you don’t want to trash it, you can simply turn it off here.
Your “Call to Action” Options Are:
Email Optin – Enables an optin form on the landing page to be used for lead capture. The form fully customizable and can be integrated with various email marketing providers.
Button – This option will display a simple button at the bottom of your Landing Page, to redirect viewers elsewhere.
None – If you are looking to create a really simple landing page, you can disable the CTA with this option. This is also used if you want to add your own links to your Landing Page.
Layout and Content:
Next, we’ll be designing your Landing Page. Choose your background, and add your content here.
1. Choose a background. You have many options to choose from:
Use a solid color of your choice.
Use one of our 6 included backgrounds.
We offer a curated list of 30+ high-resolution backgrounds, optimized for your site, available here.
2. Add a headline, and choose the font color.
3. Fill out the description, and choose the font color.
The description field is a fully capable text editor, so you can easily stylize the area to your liking. You can also switch between the Visual, and HTML editor if you want to get really fancy.
4. Design your CTA area. Customization for the “Email Optin”, and “Button” CTA will appear here:
For Email Optin Only – You’ll have the optin to disable, or enable a name field, and pick your placeholder texts here.
Then you may customize the colors and text of your button.
Next, go to the Configuration tab to setup how your “Email Optin” CTA will work and enable tracking with Google Analytics.
1. Email Provider Settings: Select the email provider of your choice and integrate Landing Page Cat with your account. Detailed Instructions.
2. Email Optin Settings:
Subscribing Message – Choose your subscribing message for the button to display when pressed.
Thank You Message – Choose whether to have a thank you message displayed immediately, or to redirect your viewers elsewhere, upon a successful optin. Then you may customize the message, or where to redirect.
If using the ‘Welcome Gate‘ behavior, you will have an option to redirect to the original destination page.
3. Error Messages: Customize the responsive error messages here. There is one for if a field is left empty, and one for if an invalid email is provided.
If using the Button CTA, all you will see here is the option to enable Google Analytics Tracking.
4. Google Analytics: Here you can enable tracking for your landing pages through Google Analytics. This requires you have either Analytics Cat, or “Google Analytics for WordPress by MonsterInsights” installed and setup. Click here for instructions.
If you still need assistance with this, or anything else regarding our plugins please feel free to contact our support at fatcatapps.com/support/.