Generally, you should be able to update all you Fatcat Apps plugins from your WP Admin panel. We try to avoid this as much as possible, but sometimes we make changes to our plugins that require manual updates. Also, in some cases, people have to manually update due to other issues.
Before you Begin:
If you’re running an Optin Cat Business or Elite earlier than 1.5.4, you must follow these manual plugin update instructions once to make sure you’re current.
Downloading the Updated Version
1. Log into your account here.
2. Under purchase history, click “View Details and Downloads”.
3. Scroll to the bottom of the “Purchase Confirmation” page.
4. Copy your license key and download your plugin file.
Installing the new Version
5. Log in to your site’s WordPress admin (e.g. www.mysite.com/wp-admin).
6. Click on the “Plugins” tab in the left panel, then proceed to deactivate and delete the older version of your plugin.
None of your data will be lost. All of our plugins save your content as custom posts and your settings within your database.
7. Back on the “Plugins” menu click “Add New”.
8. Click the Upload link near the top, then “Choose File”.
9. Select the plugin file that you just downloaded.
10. Click “Install Now”.
11. Once the installation is finished, click “Activate Plugin”.
12. The Plugin will now appear in your WordPress menu.
13. Go to the plugin’s settings and click “Deactivate License”.
14. Paste your new license key into the “License Key” – field and click “Activate License”. Then, click “Save Changes”.
If you still need assistance with this or anything else regarding our plugins please feel free to contact our support at fatcatapps.com/support/.