Last week we’ve released Pixel Cat 2.2. While our free version of Pixel Cat has received a couple of small improvements & bug fixes, this release mostly focused on adding more features for our paying customers. Here are some highlights.
More Dynamic Event Settings
We’ve added two new settings to our Dynamic Events feature.
- Hover over element – triggers an event if your visitor hovers over a HTML element.
- Scroll % – prevent your event from triggering unless your user scrolls a certain percentage down your page.
Using these features you’ll be able to create even better advertising audiences.
Facebook’s Advanced Matching of its Facebook Pixel is a feature that lets you leverage your customer information to get more accurate data. Here’s what Facebook said in its announcement:
By implementing this feature, advertisers can report on more conversions, optimize their ads against more conversion data, and reach more people on Facebook with their website custom audiences or dynamic ads. […]
During the beta phase, we have observed over 10% increase in attributed conversions and 20% increase in reach of retargeting campaigns
Pretty cool, huh?
Until this release of Pixel Cat, Advanced Matching only worked for logged-in users on WooCommerce. With this release, Advanced Matching now works in the following scenarios:
- WooCommerce Purchase, even if the user is not logged in.
- Easy Digital Downloads Purchase, even if the user is not logged in.
- Whenever a WordPress user is logged in, if you’re not using WooCommerce or Easy Digital Downloads.
Pixel Cat will attempt to detect the following information, encrypt it, and add it to the Facebook Pixel tracking code:
- first name
- last name
- billing phone
No matter if you’re using one of our supported shopping carts or not, this feature will help you get better, more accurate data.
Improved Easy Digital Downloads & WooCommerce Integrations
We’ve added some useful improvements to both our WooCommerce & Easy Digital Downloads integrations.
1) Delay “ViewContent” events. Exclude bouncing visitors from your ad campaigns, by setting a time delay for ViewContent events on your product pages.
2) Send extra info with “Purchase” event. Lets you send the following event parameters in the event of a purchase:
- LTV (lifetime value)
- Coupon codes (if used)
- Shipping info
No matter if you want to nurture your customers, get Facebook page likes or promote up-sells and cross-sells, these new features will let you re-target your customers in a powerful way.
Those are our most recent handy product updates for Pixel Cat 2.2. Enjoy =)