Multiple Choice are right/wrong answer based quizzes and can be set up in a variety of ways, for many purposes.
Results can appear at the end of the quiz, or after each question. This allows for different uses (a traditional Multiple Choice, or for review/practice). In this article, we go over setting up a Multiple Choice style quiz.
Before you begin:
This article is applicable to both free and premium customers but references some premium only features. Head here if you have questions about features available to you.
Here’s a short video tutorial on the subject! More details below:
1. In your WordPress dashboard, you’ll see an option for Quiz Cat on the side. You will go here to add or edit your quizzes.
2. Click ‘Add New’ and select ‘Multiple Choice’ to begin. You’ll be taken to a page that looks like this:
3. Add a title for your quiz and use the description field to give your viewers any relevant details on your quiz. You can also add an image for your quiz title:
5. Then begin making your individual questions:
(a) Add a question.
(b) Add your answers. One right, and at least one wrong.
- The ‘Correct Answer’ is always first, but the answers can be shuffled for the viewer or fixed.
- You can have as many questions, and answers, as you’d like.
- You can add images to the answers, or use the images for answers!
- You may reorder your questions by dragging and dropping them, or have them displayed in a random order.
6. Now Set up your results.
(a) Select how many different results you would like.
(b) Choose what to be displayed for each result.
- You can add a title, image, and description to each individual result.
- You can use as many results as you have questions.
- If you have less, it will create averages for you (eg: 5 questions w/ 2 results, will provide a 0-2, and a 3-5 category)
7. Now choose your settings. Here you can:
- View your quiz’s shortcode.
- Disable Auto Scrolling. This stops the quiz from being automatically centered on the screen.
- Hide answers until the end of the quiz. This creates a list of right/wrong info to appear under their results, rather than as each question is answered.
Premium version only:
- View your quiz’s shortcode.
- Disable Auto Scrolling. This stops the quiz from being automatically centered in the screen.
- Show Correct Answer. This can be set to “After Question”, “End of Quiz” or “Never”.
- Enable Explanations. Show an explanation or reasoning why an answer is correct.
- Auto Start Quiz. Remove the start button and have the first question load instead.
- Results. Show result or redirect to a URL. Choose to show a result panel at the end of the quiz, or redirect to a new page when a user completes the quiz.
- Shuffle Question Order. Shuffle or randomize the order of questions each time someone takes your quiz.
- Show “Restart Quiz” Button. Show a button at the end of the quiz for users to restart.
8. Make sure to save your quiz. Now all that’s left for you to do is deploy your quiz!
Just paste the shortcode for your quiz into a shortcode block on any page or post where you’d like it.
Be sure to save the post, and you’re done.
That’s all there is to creating ‘Multiple Choice’ quizzes with Quiz Cat.
If you still need assistance with this or anything else regarding our plugins please feel free to contact our support at fatcatapps.com/support/.